Friday, April 9, 2010

Off to the Doctor Again

This time it's not me. Please say a little prayer for my neighbor, Susie. She's 66 years old - same age as my Mom. Yet, I never see her as that age because she's always out and about, walking her two weenie dogs, shuttling her grandkids, taking care of her elderly mom who lives with her.

She take the time to say good morning to the kid and me when we're getting into the jalopy each morning on our way to school. She plays with our dog, Ranger, in the yard while we're at work so that he doesn't get lonely. The whole nine yards. I love this woman.

Last week, while shopping, she fell inside a store, breaking her humerus and dislocating her shoulder. They had to knock her out in order to get the shoulder back in. The break? They don't put a cast on it. You just have to wear a sling until it heals and deal with the pain. While doing a scan in the ER, they found that she has an enlarged aorta. It's not good.

You have surgery to correct this, and it's not a pretty surgery, either.

We cancelled out trip to Williamsburg so we could keep an eye on her and her mom. I wouldn't have been able to ride any of the rides with my shoulder back in my sling anyway. I'm taking her to the doctor today to see about the aorta issue.

So send up a prayer, light a candle, push some white light Susie's way. She's good people. No two ways about it.

On a good note - those of you who aren't Facebooking along with my addicted ass need to hear a good vignette:

Last night, we had a thunderstorm here. The rumbling was greatness. I heard one particular boomer followed by my kid yelling, "Good job, Grandpa!" We have this understanding that thunder is nothing to be afraid of because it's just Grandpa whacking some golf balls up in heaven. I wasn't in the same room, hadn't been talking about him - nothing. Knowing that my kid, who's never met my Dad, has that connection made me feel amazing.

7 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

eek!..the 66 age got to me..I'm 66..Im not ready for any of this old age crap..I still walk fast with my head up and tits out..except in the morning when im still stiff and sore from being in bed and i look like a question mark..ha..
will light a candle for your neighbor when i go light one for t.j.

Kerrie said...

Ouch, poor Susie...that's not good news at all.

Great neighbours are a blessing and bless you for taking care of her. My Mum is about to be 66...I feel the distance so much at times. I'd love to think that someone would care for her like you are doing for Susie.

Will be keeping her in my thoughts and am holding her close to my heart.

amber said...

Your neighbor is in my thoughts. I really hope things work out well.

Love the story about the kid, thunder and your dad. Too sweet. :)

Honib1 said...

wishing good thoughts for your neighbor and hoping things go well for her..

Big Pissy said...

Oh, no! I hope your neighbor is doing better now.

Y'all are so good to stay home to keep an eye on her and her mom. :)

Not Afraid To Use It said...

Love the golf imagery for your guy. My kids think thunder is caused by angels high-fiving each other with their wings because one of them did a good job keeping someone safe. Now, my kids want to give me "angel wing" high-fives. :)

Curly Glamour Girlie said...

Even though this post is from eons ago, I'm hoping Susie came out okay.

My thinking? Everything happens for a reason, and maybe they wouldn't have found her enlarged aorta without this happening.

On Father's Day, I drove past the cemetery where my Pop-Pop is buried and told Luke, "Say hi to Pop-Pop" to which he looked right in that direction, smiled and waved. I started to cry.

Search This Blog

 
Read My Yadda'ing Lips © 2007 Template feito por Templates para Você